Let's use examples to demonstrate.
- Words and words are separated by spaces. Pay attention to the spaces in this paragraph.
- In most cases, punctuation marks are followed by a single space. Pay attention to the commas and full stops in this paragraph; this includes colon, semicolon as well.
- There are also some exceptions though, such as Example co., Ltd.
- "Use quotes like this", he said. "And this is another example." There is no space between the full stop mark and the quote mark.
- (Similar rules apply to the brackets.) No space between the decimal and the bracket either.